Why the Chirp Wheels and Chiropractors Are Best Friends
By Savanna Stone //
Have you ever thought, I go to the chiropractor, so I don’t need a Chirp Wheel? Or the opposite? I have a Chirp Wheel, so I don’t need to go to the chiropractor. Well, think again. The Chirp Wheels can actually help your chiropractor give you a better adjustment and visit the chiro less often so you can save some money. The two really are best friends, two peas in a pod, or however else you want to say BFFs.
What is the Chirp Wheel?
The Chirp Wheel+ is a back roller that stretches the muscles around your spine to relieve upper back pain, lower back pain, neck pain, and hip pain. It is shaped like a wheel so it can fit between your shoulder blades and massage deeply into the muscles around your spine. It comes in three different sizes: Gentle (12 inch), Medium (10 inch), and Deep Tissue (6 inch). The main difference between each wheel is diameter; the smallest wheel applies the most pressure, and the largest wheel applies the least amount of pressure.
What does the Chirp Wheel do?
The Chirp Wheel massages the muscles around your spine, helps reverse damage from poor posture by decompressing the spine, and gives you some amazing pops along the way so that you can kiss back pain boo boos bye bye. For more information on the wheel, check out this blog post.
How does the Chirp Wheel assist your chiropractor?
We asked Dr. McKay Holland, D. C., what he thought about the Chirp Wheel. Here’s what he said summed up:
Daily rolling on the Chirp Wheel may help with easing muscle pain, reducing inflammation, decreasing tension or stiffness, and breaking up adhesions in the superficial muscle layers of your back, which goes great with chiropractic care. The wheels may help lead to a faster recovery by helping to keep the muscles balanced during the healing process. It also leads to a faster recovery by helping the spine stabilize with the surrounding muscles and soft tissue. When patients can utilize rolling at home, exercises, and anything to stay active, it usually helps with the healing process and to decrease the number of future flare-ups.
FAQs about the Chirp Wheel
Benefits of the Chirp Wheel+:
- Relieves back pain by massaging deeply into your muscles
- Fits between your shoulder blades and features a spinal canal
- Helps correct poor posture
- Elongates your spine
- Increases your back's mobility and core strength
What’s the main difference between each size wheel?
The main difference between each wheel is diameter; the smallest wheel applies the most pressure, and the largest wheel applies the least amount of pressure. This is due to the surface area your back is leaned up against; the wheel digs deeper into your muscles on a smaller surface area. The largest wheel provides the biggest stretch.
What is the spinal canal™, and how does it take pressure off your spine?
Each wheel also has what we call a spinal canal™, a small groove to fit your spine in as your roll. The spinal canal™ does three things:
- It relieves bad and potentially damaging pressure that could be put on the spine from other back rollers.
- The ridges on the top of each side of the spinal canal™ dig deeper into the lateral muscles that run up and down your spine, which provides a stretch that is horizontal and vertical to your spine.
- The 4-way stretch from the spinal canal™ promotes a more aligned spine.
What conditions can the Chirp Wheel+ help with?
The Chirp Wheel+ helps relieve upper back pain, lower back pain, neck pain, and hip pain. It can promote improvements with conditions like sciatica, herniated discs, bulging discs, scoliosis, arthritis, osteoporosis, scar tissue build-up, muscles spasms, ankylosing spondylitis, and many others by relieving pressure and tension, but we cannot directly promise to cure these things.
Will it support your body weight?
All three sizes are made from an ABS plastic core and EVA compression sensitive mat™ so that the wheel is light to travel with and comfortable to roll on. This strong plastic also supports up to 500 pounds!
How often should you use the Chirp Wheel+?
We recommend using the wheel around 5 to 10 minutes a day, but use varies depending on your personal needs. Many of our customers like to use it both morning and night or throughout their day to relieve their back pain.
Does the Chirp Wheel+ provide long-term relief?
If you’re wondering if the wheel offers temporary relief or long term relief, here’s your answer: both! The wheel can relieve back pain for good. Many customers have been satisfied with their long-term back pain relief from using the Chirp Wheel+. The wheel can also provide a temporary release of pressure and relief.
Does rolling out on the Chirp Wheel+ hurt?
If you have never used a foam roller or gotten a massage, rolling out on the Chirp Wheel+ the first time might hurt a little bit, which only means it’s working. This is because myofascial release is working to get the tension out of your muscles. Because of this, we recommend you do a few things.
- Don’t quit. Roll out on the wheel for 5 to 10 minutes a few times a day. The more you roll out, the better it will feel, and your muscles will get looser, helping you feel the relief your back needs.
- Start off with the Gentle Chirp Wheel+. The Gentle Chirp Wheel+ is our 12 inch wheel. It applies the least amount of pressure of the 3 wheels (if you want to know the differences between each wheel, check out this blog post). As you get used to the gentle wheel, you can start to move down to the Medium Chirp Wheel+ or the Deep Tissue Chirp Wheel+. Remember to listen to your body and to do what is right for you.
- If rolling out on the floor applies too much pressure, try rolling out against a wall.
How is the Chirp Wheel+ different from a yoga wheel?
The Chirp Wheel+ is designed specifically for back pain relief. While you could use it for some yoga wheel practices, it is meant to help relieve back pain. The Chirp Wheel+ also comes in three different sizes so that you can apply the amount of pressure on your back that is right for you.