Slow Cooker Artichoke
By Gabby Meek //
If you've never tried steamed artichoke, then put this on the top of your to-do list! It's velvety soft and so delicious. It's arguably our favorite vegetable. Chock-full of antioxidants, dietary fiber, and a great source of vitamins C and K. A fabulous post-yoga treat, or an excellent side or appetizer.
– 4-6 large artichokes. ( I have a 6 QT oval crockpot and was able to five 5 large)
– 2 cups vegetable broth
– 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
– fresh juice from 1 large lemon (about 2 TBS)
– 3 TBS olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste
1. First, wash artichokes. Trim each artichoke by cutting off stem at the base of the artichoke, and the top inch of the artichoke.
2. Place trimmed artichokes in your crockpot. Brush the lemon juice over each artichoke.
3. Next place minced garlic on top of each artichoke. Rub in with a spoon.
4. Drizzle olive oil evenly over each artichoke top.
5. Pour in 2 cups of vegetable broth.
Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours. My artichokes were medium/large and were perfect at 3 hours. So depending on the size of your artichokes, you might want to cook a little less or more.
**** To eat an artichoke, remove the petals as you eat from the outside-in. We recommend dipping in melted butter with lemon juice, mustard mixed with greek yogurt sauce, or balsamic reduction. Tightly grip the tip of the petal, place in mouth, and pull through the teeth to scrape off the soft, velvety portion of the petal. Discard the remnants.
💛 The Plexus Team xo