Fabulous and easy recipe for the holidays! Great for entertaining as well as an anytime healthy and delicious snack. You'll be able to make the hummus and pita chips in half an hour.
- 2 small garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons raw pine nuts
- 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 2/3 of 15-ounce can organic pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel the garlic clove. Place it in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Add chickpeas, 1¾ cup pumpkin puree (or less, if you like a thicker hummus), ½ teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon cumin, other spices, the juice of 1 lemon and 1 tablespoon olive oil. (If desired, add a pinch of cayenne for some spice.) Blend thoroughly to combine.
- Top with a little extra pine nuts, cinnamon and olive oil. It's ready to serve!
PITA CHIPS INGREDIENTS
- 3 whole wheat pitas
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
PITA CHIP DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut each pita into eight wedges.
- Pour olive oil into bowl and mix with the crushed garlic. Then brush onto pita wedges that you've placed on a pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top, and bake for 15 minutes!
💛 Enjoy! The Plexus Team xo.