Say goodbye to mushy tofu. What's the secret to perfectly crispy oven-baked tofu? A little cornstarch! So easy. Just toss your tofu cubes in 1 tablespoon of it will have them coming out perfectly golden and crispy with just the right amount of bite.
- 1 Package of firm tofu
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch (potato starch works as well)
- Drain tofu block and place on a paper towel on a plate.
- Place one more paper towel on top, and then two more dinner plates on top of that, to strain the tofu of all excess liquid. Let sit for 20-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dice tofu into bite size pieces. Gently toss in a mixing bowl with cornstarch.
- Bake on a cooking sheet lined with parchment paper (prevents sticking and dirtying your pan) for 45 minutes. Halfway through, flip your cubes.
- Take out when they are golden brown. Use in your favorite salad, noodle/rice/grain bowl! For the delicious and super easy honey garlic sauce we used, CLICK HERE.