Healthy Thai Carrot Soup
By Gabby Meek //
Thai-inspired, 7 ingredient, 30-minute carrot soup that’s creamy, vegan + gluten free, perfectly sweet and spicy and so delicious. Also consider doubling it and freezing extra for later!
- 1/2 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger (optional)
- 1.5 pound carrots, scrubbed (or peeled) and chopped (~4 cups)
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 cups Veggie Stock + 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup creamy or crunchy salted natural peanut butter (use less for a less intense PB flavor)
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce (use less for less spice)
- TOPPINGS: Fresh basil, cilantro, or mint; coconut milk; brown sugar or agave nectar (sub honey if not vegan); Sriracha hot sauce
- (NOT LISTED: Coconut or Olive Oil for sautéing)
- Heat a large pot over medium heat.
- Dice onion and garlic. Add to pot with 1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil (or nonstick spray). Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with a healthy pinch each salt and pepper, add ground ginger, then add veggie stock and 1 cups of water and stir.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until veggies are tender (test by cutting a larger piece of carrot in half – it should cut with ease).
- Transfer to a blender (or use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth and creamy. (Cover with a towel in case your lid leaks any soup while blending.)
- Add peanut butter and chili garlic sauce to the blender and blend to combine, using a ‘puree’ or ‘liquify’ setting if you have it.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. For a touch of added sweetness, add a Tbsp or so of brown sugar, maple syrup or agave nectar (or honey if not vegan). Add more chili garlic sauce for more heat.
- Serve immediately with fresh basil or herbs of choice. A drizzle of coconut milk or dollop of greek yogurt will add a creamy, sweet touch. Serve with Sriracha for extra heat.
This soup is so healthy and delicious! We promise you'll want to eat it all winter.
💛 The Plexus Yoga Wheel Team xo.